Monday, November 21, 2011

God Knows Just What We Need

My parents graciously agreed to keep all 3 kids for us all weekend so that David & I could have a day of fun Saturday.  So, Friday morning the kids and I loaded up and drove to my sister's house and spent the day with her and little Marshall.  My brother in law had to go back to work for the first time and Marcy wanted a little company while he was gone.  We had a great time hanging out with them and I especially loved cuddling with little Marshall.  He even had on a "My Aunt Rocks" outfit which was so appropriate.  Then Friday night, I took the kids to my parents to spend the weekend with them.  When I got back home, David & I went and ate at our favorite Mexican restaurant.  Let me just tell you...when you are eating for 2 instead of 5 it is SO much cheaper.  We couldn't believe we ate for less than $20!

Saturday morning, we got up bright & early because a family friend had given us their "Tide Pride" game day tickets to go see Alabama vs. Georgia Southern at Bryant Denny Stadium at the University of Alabama.  We were so excited because this was the first game David & I had ever been to together since we've been married.  Our friends have awesome season tickets and we were just 20 rows from the field!  It was great!

Entering the Stadium for the game!
Our awesome seats!
Alabama played a great game and won 45-21 in the end.  We even had cushioned seatbacks to sit in during the game.  The people around us were so nice and friendly and we had a great time cheering on the Crimson Tide live and in person for a change....ROLL TIDE!!!!

We left the game with 3 minutes left till the end of the game because we had got tickets to the Chris Tomlin concert in Birmingham that same night....Yes, we are crazy!  David's cousin Joe & his wife Jessica were meeting us there and we were all going to sit together and enjoy the concert.  So we fought horrible post game traffic to try to get back to Birmingham in time for the concert.  Thankfully, we made it with about 30 minutes to spare before the concert started.  Here's a pic of us in the concert:
What an amazing concert!  It was a total worship experience instead of a concert.  Chris Tomlin said it was like a huge night of Chris Tomlin Karaoke.  It was wonderful.  Best of all, Christy Nockels (one of my favorites) was touring with him and we got to hear Louie Giglio preach live and in person too!  We are huge Giglio fans and loved getting to see him preach in person.  He did an amazing job as always.  David surprised me and bought me Christy Nockels new CD while we were at the concert too so I am enjoying her music at home now too.  We made it home about 11:30pm after a long, long day but such a fun day. I loved our day of fun just me and David.  We had lots of time to talk, laugh, enjoy time with just each other and it was refreshing and renewing.

I have to tell you, that God certainly knows what we need because David & I were on a spiritual "high" after our wonderful day together and enjoying a 3 hour worship experience with Chris Tomlin live.  On Sunday morning, my uncle Shag passed away.  He had quadruple bypass surgery a few weeks ago and had really fought to recover fully ever since.  He was an amazing, Godly man and one of those "silent giants".  I actually lived with him & Aunt Pat a few years while I was in college and they gave me their basement apartment to be all mine while I went to school.  Uncle Shag & I used to eat breakfast together every morning and he always hugged me as I left for college each day and reminded me to "study hard".  I have many, many wonderful memories with him and while I and the rest of our family are going to miss him terribly, I know the angels in Heaven are rejoicing at his entrance to his Heavenly home.  I would ask you to please pray for our family in the next few days as we say goodbye to him here on this earth and celebrate the amazing man we loved.  We are going to have a busy week but through the sadness, we still have SO many things to be thankful for.

But as for me, I will hope continually, And will praise You yet more and more.
~ Psalm 71:14 (NASB)

No comments: